Friday, October 12, 2007

Balloon Fiesta Part 3


This morning at work, I climbed up on top of our 8-story bulkhouse to watch the balloons come by the plant. The plant is located just 1/2 mile south of the launching area, and the lower air currents push everything right over us. It was amazing. I had balloons flying by that couldn't have been more that 100 feet away. People in the gondolas were waving and saying hi (we were that close, that we could actually say good morning to the people!).

It was incredible. I took some pictures with my phone, and I'm going to try to get back up there for Sunday morning with our big camera to take some real pictures.

This just affirmed for me how lucky we are to be here in Albuquerque, and to be able to experience the amazing things that happen in New Mexico.

Tomorrow, I'm flying with one of our employees up to the San Juan River in his trainer plane (he's studying to get his commercial pilot's license, and needs the air time). I'm going to teach him how to fish the river. It should be really fun for both of us.


4 comments:

Blake said...

That's incredible. That would be awesome to see. My favorite balloon is the Darth Vader head one.

Debi said...

You really are lucky to be able to experience the balloon fiesta first hand. Living in a community always makes you feel more of a part of the festivities. I am definitely coming next year if you are still in Albuquerque!

Gmajoan&Gpapat said...

You may have to fight us for the spare bedroom!!!

Gmajoan&Gpapat said...

Ms. Joan said that was not nice so I retract it .. no fighting allowed in front of the kids.