Thursday, February 4, 2010


For the past 9 months or so, I have been working on eating better and getting back into an exercise routine. I've done pretty well so far, but still have my hangups...chocolate... In the process I've lost 7 lbs even though I didn't go into this to lose weight. I have a family history of high cholesterol and heart disease and realized I better get my act together. One of my goals was to lower the amount of soda I drank and I now only have one or two a week versus one or two a day before. I am really bad about getting vegetables with dinner, so this week I decided to try one vegetarian meal a week and here is how week one went...

I had seen recipes for Black Bean Burgers and decided to try them since I like black beans a lot.

Here are the ingredients:


Here is what it looked like after I put all the ingredients into the food processor:



And here is the final product after baking:



I know it doesn't look like the most appetizing thing in the world, but it tasted really good. The mix was pretty gooey, and therefore the middle was a little gooey, but not in a gross way. I think I'll definitely make them again. Ty hasn't tried them yet, so we will have to see what he thinks about them.


1 comment:

Colleen said...

YUM! I love vegetarian meals! You will have to post the actual recipe with amounts of all those things.