Monday, June 8, 2009

Kids and Their "Loveys"


It's funny how children are attracted to certain items that bring them comfort.  I often wonder what is so attractive about the items my children have picked as their "loveys" (as I would call them).  As a child I had a favorite stuffed polar bear named Snuffy.  I still have Snuffy and he is with the kids' stuffed animals.  I liked him because he had a fuzzy brown nose, which eventually wore off.  I decided to take some pictures of the kids and their "loveys" because they are just so cute with them.


Since Alex was about 6 month old, she's sucked her thumb.  It morphed into putting her fingers into the holes of her favorite crocheted blanket and holding it to her face.  We figured out she was smelling the blanket, although I have no idea why.  It was a gift from one of my friend's mother and I wrapped her in it since she was very small.  When she began to talk it was called "mammie."  As she began to speak better it was "manket," "mankie," and now  "blankie," or "blanket."  It is her trusted friend and she always takes it into the car and to bed.  It's now got some extra holes in it and isn't as white as it used to be, even after I use bleach when I wash it.


Logan likes bears as his "loveys."  His first favorite was a blue bear that was given to us by one of Ty's co-workers.  His second favorite is a dark brown one my mom gave him.  He recently found another one that he likes too.  The first two have to be in bed with him at night and he carries them throughout the house during the day so I have to go search for the bears every night.


1 comment:

Colleen said...

So cute, loveys are the best! That picture of Alex with her blankie is so sweet!