Sunday, April 26, 2009

Erin's Confession...


I must confess...I am a couponaholic... I have been wondering lately if I should share this with the readers of our blog and today I got such good deals, I just had to. It all began last year when I realized our local grocery store matched coupons up to $0.55 and it was an everyday deal. So I started buying the paper and keeping coupons. Pretty soon I was online figuring out how to make the most of sales and coupons. Needless to say I now have a great stockpile of toiletries and am working on the food pantry as well. Now it does take time to get great deals, but luckily I have found a website where they post the ads early and others go through it and match up the coupons to the sale items. It makes it a lot less confusing for me. So below are the deals I got today:


These items I got at Rite Aid.  They have a rebate program that runs every month and you get a check in the mail (after entering your receipts online, etc.  etc.).  Before coupons my total was $32.47, I used $13.25 in coupons and will get $17.72 back in rebates, so I essentially paid $1.50 for everything pictured.


This stuff I got at Walgreens.  They have what is called "Register Rewards", which are like coupons that print out after your purchase and can be used on your next purchase.  Of course there are rules and conditions to using them, but not too hard to learn.  My total was $43.95, I used $14.00 in coupons and got $27.00 in "Register Rewards", so I essentially paid $2.95 for everything.

It's amazing how much you can save when using coupons.  Some of the items I bought today I actually got paid to take them home.  For example the box of Mini Drops from Rite Aid was $6.49 and it had a $2 off coupon on the box, plus I'll get back $6.49 in rebates.

If I have piqued your interest with this, send me an email and I'll answer any questions you may have.  Happy shopping!!

3 comments:

Ranisa said...

I love the Erin!!! This is exactley what I am wanting to start. I would so love to chat and learn more.....send me an email and phone # if you can....

knrbrletich@sbcglobal.net

Colleen said...

That's a great confession! What deals you have found! Amazing. Please email me more info.

TRule said...

You're not saying it out loud, but I think everyone knows that the Axe and Listerine are targetted directly at me